With exception of crib-size mattresses, twin bed mattresses are probably the smallest mattresses you are bound to come across. Meant to be used with twin beds, these mattresses measure inches in width by inches in length. However, you can find an XL twin bed mattress that measures inches with thelength remaining the same.
Although there are several factors you need to consider when shopping for this size of mattress, the type of mattress you buy is very important. Note that it is the type of mattress you choose that
Types of Mattresses
- Spring mattress This features coils within for support. There are different types of spring systems that differ in shape, design, gauge and number of coils used in constructing a mattress. Settle for a mattress with a high number of coils if you choose to buy a spring mattress.
- Hybrid mattress This type of mattress features coils and some thin foam, which can be memory, latexlatex or gel. This type of mattress provides for enhanced comfort and support compared to a spring mattress.
- Waterbed mattress This type of mattress features a water chamber within for comfort and support. Two sub-types of waterbed mattresses are available hard-sided and soft-sided waterbed mattresses. While hard-sided mattresses are constructed with water chambers embedded within wooden frames, soft-sided waterbeds are constructed with water chambers embedded inside zipped foams.
- Foam mattress This type of mattress features foam that can be of polyutherane, latex or gel. The foam can be of different density, which informs a mattress s level of comfort and support.
- Pillow top mattress This type of mattress features an upholstery layer fixed on top of the mattress for maximum comfort.
- Air mattress This features air chamber instead of springs or foam. The air chamber is made to be adjustable to make it possible for you to set level of comfort and support that best suits you.
- Memory foam mattress This is constructed using high density polyutherane foam contained in upholstery layer. This type of mattress makes use of your body heat to shape in line with your body shape for maximum support and comfort.
Care and Maintenance
Regardless of type of twin bed mattress you choose to buy, proper maintenance and care is necessary to make it last long. It is important that you keep it dry at all times and cover it with an appropriate mattress cover. This is in addition to airing it in an open area to let it breathe.